Our sliding sash window refurbishment service aims at fully draft proofing and improving the working performance of the window and shutters while at the same time not interfering with, or altering, the appearance of the window.
Our process in refurbishing sliding sash windows is as follows:
- The sashes are removed from their frame. Any decayed or decaying timber is removed and the sashes and frame are sanded down to give a smooth finish. New timber will be used where the existing timber is beyond repair. We can also replace the existing sashes and upgrade to double glazing, if required.
- The old sash cords are replaced with new ones. Pulleys are checked to ensure they are operational. If necessary, these will be replaced. New sash lifts and catches are installed to upgrade the appearance. Click here to see the range of ironmongrey available.
- Grooves are routed out from the top and bottom of the sashes. Proprietary draft seals are inserted in the grooves. New staff and parting beads, also with seals, are provided to ensure the window is completely sealed.
- The sashes are placed back into the frame, re-balanced and checked to ensure they can open and shut with ease.
- If required, shutters can be sanded down to give a smooth finish with decayed and decaying timber removed. Their working performance can be improved with new hinges or greasing.
- Our service also includes the re-painting of windows and shutters if the client desires.
Contact our office with any queries and we would be delighted to provide a quote. A site visit can be carried out, if necessary.